Follow Along: Project Perspectives - 1:42
Project Perspectives make it easier to work in large projects by "filtering" the objects within a project. For example, you can create a "Finance" perspective, to only show the tables and fields that are relevant to that department, making development easier.
Perspectives can be static or dynamic
- Static perspectives allow you to select all the individual object(s) you want included in a perspective. Only the selected objects will be shown when that perspective is active.
- Dynamic perspectives allow you to select an object, then dynamically include all objects that "feed" into this object. So the entire lineage of that object will be shown when that perspective is active.
1. Watch the video:
2. Follow these steps:
- Create a project perspective named Products
- Include the Product table in the MDW.
- Make the perspective Dynamic.
- Create a Dynamic Sales Perspective based on the Sales Semantic Model.