In this training we will be using the sample transactional database known as "AdventureWorks". This database is provided by Microsoft and is free to download. For more for more info and detailed instruction see the Adventureworks Github page here.
Instructions for downloading and installing the AdventureWorks Database:
- Download the .bak file attached and save it to the C: drive. not in a sub-folder.
- Open SQL Server Management Studio and connect to your SQL Server instance.
- Restore the database using the SQL Server Management Studio user interface.
- Right-click Databases and select Restore Database...
- On the General page, use the Source section to specify the source and location of the backup sets to restore.
- Select Device
- Click the browse (...) button to open the Select backup devices dialog box.
- Click Add
- Navigate to the C:\ drive and select the .bak file.
- Click OK in each dialog box until the restore process is completed
A data dictionary for AdventureWorks can be found here: https://www.sqldatadictionary.com/AdventureWorks20...
The Entity Relationship Diagram can be found attached below.